WHEN DO I NEED A PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER?
One of the most common questions that a person has after they have been injured is “Do I need a lawyer? Or should I just handle details myself?”
The answer to this question is not always simple. Add to that the many common misconceptions about personal injury lawsuits, and it’s completely understandable you may not be sure what to do.
If any of these apply, you may need a lawyer
1. Broken bones, hospital stay, long-term health affected
2. Someone died in the accident
3. Medical treatment costing more than a couple thousand $$
4. Missing more than a couple days work, school, or normal activities
5. Non-economic losses like emotional trauma, pain and suffering, loss of companionship
6. There is dispute over whose fault the accident was
7. Multiple people were harmed in the accident
8. The accident took place in a construction zone or other questionable area
9. The paperwork does not look accurate (police report, insurance communications)
10. Details are complicated (technical, legal, medical)
11. Insurance is not playing nice